It’s a challenging time for most people around the world, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make the best of it. If you’re at home and running out of things to do – well, don’t you worry, don’t you worry child – have we got a list for you. We have curated a list of 40 things to bust your boredom and keep you entertained.
- Read a book or ten.
- Work on a 500-1000 piece puzzle.
- Binge movies/shows on Netflix.
- Treat yourself by cooking up a storm.
- Learn a new skill (play chess, basics of programming, coding, etc.).
- Pick up some extra cash by tutoring online.
- Do a room by room cleanup (if you have only one room – then refer back to point 3).
- Work on that DIY project you have been meaning to complete. If there isn’t a specific thing – then find something to DIY on pinterest.
- Check-in on your loved ones and have meaningful conversations.
- Clean up your wardrobe and pack away clothes that can be donated.
- Consider things you want to do for the year and create the ultimate bucket list.
- Set goals and intentions for your week, month or year – work on an action plan
- Do at-home workouts (yoga or cardio).
- Learn to meditate – you can start with 5 minutes a day and then work your way up.
- Practice daily journaling (emotions/feelings/self-reflection).
- Have an at-home spa day – bubble bath, facemask, and wine.
- Paint, draw sketch – anything to engage that artsy side of you.
- Mandala coloring sheets/books, and entertain yourself.
- Play video games/computer games/phone games.
- Volunteer your time online for a good cause.
- Listen to podcasts about personal growth, mindfulness, etc.
- Play board games with someone at home or virtually.
- Itching to travel (we feel yah, us too). Why not start planning your future travels, such as things to do, places to see, and food to eat – you don’t have to book anything, but you can sure start planning.
- Teach yourself to juggle – it’s sure to keep you busy.
- Make funny homemade videos about anything – dreams, ambitions, create a play (I know what you’re thinking, wink).
- Spend hours deleting old photos on your camera/computer.
- Read blogs on anything that you want to learn more about (ahem – pick us, PICK US).
- Be your voice coach, and learn to sing.
- Try your luck with homemade wine or beer.
- Rearrange furniture, kitchen items, any room – anything.
- Pre-plan outfits. Use a few pieces to mix and match future outfits. Snap a picture and refer back for later use.
- Do every single piece of laundry. Ever. Even that scarf from last year at the bottom of your hamper. Hand wash things if need be.
- Sort out your finances – bills, savings, and future plans.
- If you enjoy writing, try writing a short story or even a book.
- If you are not ambidextrous or don’t use your left hand for a living – then learn. Ie. Brushing your teeth with your left hand.
- Anything you want to learn more about, but can’t seem to find the time? Well, here is your time.
- The things that you hold on to tight, the hurt, the struggles, the unspoken words – whatever it is….work on letting it go. Take time to learn and unlearn what brings you peace.
- Complete a virtual museum tour from your couch.
- Find the solution to any issue or problem you have. Make a list of any viable solutions and then work through that list until you find one that sticks.
- One of my favorite things to do to pass the time – learn the names of all the countries in the world and then challenge yourself to guess them all within 10-20 minutes. I use this website, but anything on Google should do.
I hope you find at least a few newbies on here to keep yourself busy, especially those that are social distancing and staying at home during this whole corona pandemic. What do you do to keep busy? Let us know in the comments below.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income goes to supporting the site community.
I like to go for a walk with my dog, read my book (you can get free e-books from the library), light a candle and my lava lamp and do a face mask. Love your ideas, I’m on a hunt for puzzles 🙏!!
Aw, we want a dog – that sounds so therapeutic. Oooh, we recently got a Harry Potter puzzle that we are trying to work on. Have you searched for any puzzles on amazon? If you want to stay updated with our blog posts, make sure to subscribe 🙂
Amazing list you guys. Bookmarked!
For all other travellers, would also recommend taking this time to learn a new language!
I have been passively teaching myself Spanish through the Duolingo app and audio lessons. Gonna use this time to finally feel confident speaking it 🙂
Thank you Dinoji! Love that idea – definitely going to look into it ourselves. That’s amazing on your Spanish – let us know how it goes! If you want to stay updated with our blog posts, make sure to subscribe 🙂