It’s no surprise, that making self-care and wellness a top priority is beneficial for your overall well-being. What better way to show your loved ones that you care about them than by gifting them items that speak to their wellness? Since finding thoughtful wellness and self-care gift ideas takes time and energy, I thought I’d make it a little bit easier for you by creating a list of 25+ self-care gift ideas.
Many of the items mentioned below can be used by any gender. I did my best to provide a lengthy list of gender-neutral self-care gift ideas. However, not all the items listed below will be applicable as self-care for men. Many of the products are self-care gifts for women because quite frankly there are far more options available specifically for women.
I hope you find what you’re looking for in the realm of self-care either for yourself or your loved one – be it as a self-care Christmas present, birthday gift, another holiday, or better yet just because!
DISCLOSURE: For the sake of transparency, some of the links in our content are affiliate links. This means I get a commission if you purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
More Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons
If you’re looking for further holiday tips, you might enjoy the posts below.
- If you’re shopping for travel gifts for men, then be sure to check out my post on Travel Gifts for Every Budget.
- Looking for thoughtful gifts with a personal touch? Be sure to check out my post on Personalized Travel Gifts for all Types of Travellers.
- If you are shopping for the mother in your life, then take a gander at the gift guide that focuses on Wellness and Travel for Mom.
- Need some packing assistance for future travels? Well, you’re not going to want to miss my incredibly helpful Carry-on Packing Checklist post.
25+ Insanely Thoughtful Wellness and Self-Care Gift Ideas
Self-care Gift Ideas for Everyday Use
We don’t always have time for self-care and that is exactly why I was intentional about providing some gift ideas to be used daily. You can either gift these items separately or create your very own self-care hamper, using multiple items.
1. Jade Roller and Gua Sha – for an at-home skincare massage that will leave your face feeling smooth and your skin rejuvenated. I use my jade roller as part of my daily self-care routine which keeps my skin feeling refreshed throughout the day.
2. Motivational bracelet – if you need a daily reminder that you’re freaking awesome or that you matter, then id highly recommend purchasing an engraved motivational bracelet that speaks the part of you that needs a little extra love now and then.
3. Maybe Swearing Will Help Adult Coloring Book Set – a coloring book set for adults is the perfect way to detach from the day + it’ll give you a good laugh with the very intentional language.
4. Best-tea Spoon – this self-care gift idea is great for daily use because let’s face it we pretty much use spoons on a daily. This best-tea spoon would make a very thoughtful self-care gift for your best friend and it doubles down on bestie points if you’re friend is a tea lover.
5. Positive-Self Love Affirmation Mug – I honestly believe mugs make the best self-care gifts. I love the idea of having an affirmation mug to start the day whether to drink tea, coffee, or water. Daily reminders serve us more than we might ever know.
6. Self-care Planner – Gift a holistic wellness planner that provides daily habit tracking, mood tracking, goal planning, meal prep, and a comprehensive wellness plan. Help your loved ones focus on their wellness and succeed.
Self-care Gift Basket Ideas
What’s better than making a gift basket? Purchasing a pre-made gift basket that requires much less effort and energy – haha! These self-care package ideas come in box or basket form to include all the bells and whistles.
7. Bath and Beauty Gift Set – speak the language of self-care aesthetics with this gift basket idea of bath and beauty products. This gift basket is so beautifully crafted to not only soothe your mind and eyes. I don’t want to spoil the pleasantries of this gift set, so be sure to check it out.
8. Hug in a Box – a self-care gift basket for ladies that offers all of the feelings that you get from a hug – minus the physical hug. We’re talking chocolates, body butter, cookies, candles, and face masks to name a few. Take a look at this hug box and make the final call.
9. Gourmet Soup Gift Hamper – okaaay, I know what you’re thinking, but hear me out. Well, who doesn’t love to feel all warm and cozy during the colder months of the year, especially with the seasonal depression making its debut?
10. Build Your Own Gift Box – provide a self-care gift box filled with handmade products that are sure to appeal to your loved one by customizing to their taste. Choose from bath salts, sponges, soaps, creams, bath bombs, and a variety of other wellness products.
Wellness and Self-care Subscription boxes
Cratejoy supplies a large selection of subscription boxes, by providing the option to choose a short or long-term subscription. For instance, if you’re gifting a subscription box and don’t want to commit for 6 months to a year – then opt for a 1-month subscription. A one-month subscription means that you or your loved one can test out the products and decide to either try a different subscription box or repurchase the same one for a longer period.
Please be sure to do your research to ensure the safety of these products, if you’re thinking of purchasing any of the subscription boxes below.
11. Health and Wellness CBD Subscription Box – a subscription box created to focus on pain and sleep (I’m all in). This box has all the best topicals, capsules, tinctures & other CBD products out there!
12. Self-Love in a Box – this box includes 7+ products that are sure to encourage and support you on your self-love journey. The products included in this box range from books, socks, teas, and a handful of other options aimed at nurturing your wellness.
13. Loti Wellness Sub Box – choose a box that delivers tools and strategies to cope with life’s challenges, using research-based positive psychology and psychotherapy. Shift your mindset with the Loti Wellness box.
14. Aromatherapy and Lifestyle Subscription Box – all of the products included in this box are 100% non-toxic, cruelty-free, and made in Canada. Each box features 5-7 full-size products and makes a wonderful gift for a loved one that wants to focus on their well-being.
15. Wellness Tea Box – for the loved one that loves their tea and finds comfort in every sip; comes a subscription box with 4 premium loose-leaf tea pouches. Teas that will help wake you up in the morning, and aid in a good night’s rest in the evening.
16. Emotional Health Journey Box – a full-size box that includes between 3 to 6 products that help you understand, manage, and sometimes even evoke, the emotion featured in that box. Work on your wellness and healing with the help of an emotional journey subscription box.
17. Natural Wellness & Self-Care Pregnancy Package – mothers-to-be deserve just as much, as the rest of us, and that’s why I’m thrilled that there are subscription boxes for expecting mothers. The products in this box are vegan, cruelty-free, and freshly made.
18. Book Club Subscription Box – I certainly know a few bookworms that would enjoy a monthly book subscription. This gift box includes a new release book and 3-5 gifts with page numbers to open as you land on those pages (well, color me excited).
19. Self-Care Ritual Box – these boxes serve as your reminder to take care of yourself. Life gets busy and that might mean we don’t give ourselves that extra time to reconnect within, which is where a self-care ritual box could come to the rescue.
Wellness Gifts That are Budget-friendly (under $15)
Budget shopping is one of my favorite ways to shop – be it for myself or my loved ones. I love the idea of spending less on more. So, below you’ll find a handful of budget-friendly self-care gift ideas.
20. A Little Pocket Hug – a perfect little gift for someone you love. Whenever you need a little extra love, these cute little hearts will give you exactly that.
21. Digital Wellness Journal – a simple yet beneficial gift is a journal to help you encourage a healthy wellness practice. This journal is a gift that keeps giving because you can start fresh the following year. Rinse and repeat.
22. Stress Release and Self-Care Cards – a unique self-care deck that contains 52 extremely effective exercises for mindfulness, meditation, stress management, self-care & more.
23. Temporary Tattoos for Anxiety – what the YESSS. Did someone say tattoos? Check out this stellar way to give yourself a daily dose of reminders about your wonderful self. Temporary tattoos for mental health aren’t simply a trend, it is meant to serve as a coping mechanism.
24. Positive Affirmations Print – a lovely piece of artwork to brighten up your day and provide you with just the right amount of positive self-talk.
25. Essential Oils Roll-on Set – this set of three essential oils provide stress relief, balance, and all-around relaxation. The smells range from peppermint to citrus and a calming mix of lavender with sandalwood.
26. Handheld Neck Massager – massages are a wonderful form of self-care and sometimes that looks like giving yourself a few hours a week with a handheld massager. Whether you want to help your loved one reduce stiffness or increase blood flow – an at-home massage tool could do the trick.
I hope the self-care gift ideas above, have served as an aid to your shopping experience. Be sure to let me know in the comments below if you have any additions to this list or if this guide has helped you in any way. Happy gift shopping!
Disclaimer: The purpose of my blog is to assist people in making changes in their lives through supportive guidance. This blog’s information is based on my life experience and sources credited in each post. By reading my blog, you acknowledge that I am not a licensed psychologist, medical doctor, or health care professional. My services do not replace the care of psychologists, doctors, or other healthcare professionals.
Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest if you aren’t already!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get new blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.